Please click on the link below to find out about SMSC at Ocker Hill Infant and Nursery School:
British Values in SMSC Development
Ocker Hill Infant and Nursery School aims to help to protect children from extremist and violent views in the same ways that they help to safeguard children from drugs, gangs and alcohol.
Our purpose is to protect children from harm and to ensure that they are taught in a way that is consistent with the law and the country's values.
Ways in which the school supports pupils' moral development include:
- Involving pupils in the annual review of the school codes of behaviour
- Helping pupils to make decisions that are acceptable to the school community and society at large
- Encouraging healthy self esteem
- Helping pupils to value physical well-being, privacy, feelings, beliefs and the rights of others
- Encouraging pupils to explore their feelings in reactions to different stimuli
- Enabling them to take great pride and encouraging them to feel part of, and to contribute positively to fundamental British values
- Encouraging them to see the police officers as positive role models and our community partners
- Developing community cohesion and the prevention of extremism and radicalisation both within our school's physical boundaries and within local, national and global environments.
- Teaching them to respond to community concerns or local disturbances in a positive way which supports British democratic society.
Please click on the link to look at our Cultural Capital document which reflects the range of celebrations and
diversity that we learn about at Ocker Hill Infant and Nursery School.