Why our children wear uniforms?
Over the years many arguments are put forward for and against the wearing of uniforms. Each school/academy has its own uniform policy or dress code.
At Ocker Hill Infant and Nursery we have given a considerable amount of thought to this debate; for and against and have decided that we will offer a uniform for the children to wear on a daily basis; however this is not compulsory.
Parents should raise any complaints they have about uniform with the Headteacher as it is her responsibilty to make sure that pupils follow the agreed rules on clothing.
Some points in favour of wearing a uniform:
- A uniform helps identify non students and trespassers, in the corridor and on school grounds and allows easy recognition of Ocker Hill pupils on an school trip.
Stops children worrying over what to wear every day. Everyone is equal in school.
- Saves money and is cost effective whilst giving a sense of pride, belonging and discipline.
- Reduces conflict in the morning.
- Reduces chances of bullying.
- Reduces peer pressure.
- Helps ensure appropriate clothing is worn.
- Most schools/academies have rules regarding jewellery. These are usually issues surrounding health and safety (long earrings catching on equipment etc.) These rules also help reduce the risk of theft.
For earrings please wait until the Summer Holidays if you are allowing your child to have their ears pierced to allow the ears to heal before they return to school. Children are allowed to wear small studs to school; preferably no hoops as this is a health and safety issue for PE lessons.
You can order sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, scarves and PE Bags, all with the school logo, from the School Office by emailing email@example.com
You can download a copy of our order form using the link below.
You can also buy uniform from local shops and supermarkets. These will not have the school logo on but are perfectly acceptable.
The lost property box is always full of uniform items and we cannot pass it back as they are not named. If your child loses an item of clothing please ask to look in lost property.
Please put your child’s name in all items of clothing!