Clubs to support learning at home
Home Reader Club
All children in YR to Y2 can join this club. Each year your child is given a Home Reader Booklet. Help your child to gain badges by hearing them read for a few minutes each day. Choose a time when they are not too tired or the television is too distracting...in fact it's best if you turn the telly off for a few minutes so your child can concentrate properly. When your child has completed a session make a comment in the booklet about how they did that day. After five sessions remind your child to ask their teacher for a badge.
Home Reader rewards
- Every time your child reads with you/you read to them/complete a reading activity you can complete a box in their home reading record.
- 25 books read = Certificate
- 50 books read = Bookmark and certificate
- 75 books read = Book and certificate
- 100 books read = Attend Mad Hatter’s Tea Party with Head and Deputy and certificate
- 120 books read = Book voucher and certificate