Please view the kids zone page to view more information about E - Safety.
The Designated Safeguard Lead is Mrs Rebecca Strange and the Deputy Designated Safeguard Lead is
Mrs Heidi Faulkner.
Look under policies for our Child Protection Policy.
As outlined in Section 11 of the Children’s Act 2004; there is a great emphasis and it places a responsibility on Ocker Hill Infant to safeguard and promote the welfare of our children. This responsibility complements the statutory requirements placed on the school under Section 157/175 of the Education Act 2002.
In order to meet these expectations the school will ensure that it will :
- · Have a Senior Management Team who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children at school and in the community
- · Have a team of staff, volunteers and governors who understand how to protect and safeguard our children and know how and when they must report concerns about their welfare. This is a continual rigorous process to our school.
- · Have a clear statement of its responsibility to safeguard our children as defined in safeguarding policies and any training undertaken with staff, volunteers and governors.
- · Have clear lines of accountability for staff, volunteers and governors in the school as defined in our child protection policy and other safeguarding policies
- · Ensures that our children are free to express their wishes and feelings throughout their experience and within a rich environment that Ocker Hill Infant and Nursery is a 'listening' school and all staff are committed to the ethos of 'A love of learning gives you wings'.
- · Ensure that staff, volunteers and governors access training in relation to the welfare and protection of our children within the expectations of local and national guidance
- · Have robust recruitment procedures which promote the welfare of our children as laid out in the schools recruitment policy and are in line with national guidance
- · Work in close partnership with parents/carers and other services concerned with the safeguarding of our children to meet both local and national expectations.