Online Learning Resource ideas
Collections of resources
1. Tes resources – Everything from EYFS to key stage 5. All home learning packs have been made free on this link.
2. Twinkl – Get a month of free access using code CVDTWINKLHELPS
3. Twig and TigTag Education – Free resources for students aged 4-16.
4. Khan Academy – Free resources for children aged 2-18.
5. BBC Bitesize – Lots of free resources here with videos and quizzes, too.
6. Classroom Secrets – A range of free resources for primary school-aged children.
7. TTS – A choice of free workbooks for primary-aged children.
8. Robin Hood MAT – Learning projects for EYFS and primary school pupils.
9. Ark Mastery Programme – English and maths four-week booklets for students from Years R-9.
10. Emile – All resources made free during school closures.
11. Pobble 365 – One free resource every day of the year.
14. Purple Mash – Resources aimed at primary school-aged children have been made free now schools have closed.
15. Century Tech – English, maths and science resources for primary and secondary students.
16. Teacher’s Pet – Wide range of resources for primary pupils.
17. Phonics Play – All the resources on Phonics Play have been made free for the duration of the school closures.
18. Duolingo – A free app for your phone for students to work on their language skills, or try a new language.
19. Memrise – Learn language through games and video clips on this online app.
20. Rosetta Stone – For the school closure period, Rosetta Stone has given free access to its language learning resources.
Museums, art galleries, theatres and places of interest
21. The British Museum has made its online collections free to the public.
22. The Natural History Museum has free virtual tours.
23. The Tate Gallery has a 360-degree virtual tour online.
24. View the latest exhibitions at The National Gallery virtual tours.
25. Watch The Wind in the Willows stage production online.
26. The Vatican has opened up its digital tours so the Sistine Chapel can be viewed.
27. NASA Kids is perfect for space fans. Learn all about the universe we live in by viewing these online videos.
Podcasts and radio
28. Pie Corbett Maths for daily maths lessons at 9.30 am.
29. BBC Teach podcasts for ages 3 and up.
30. Joe Wicks – aka The Body Coach – is running PE Lessons for all ages.
31. Mr Bruff's daily English lessons for GCSE students.
32. Coding for kids daily lessons.
33. Daily lessons including phonics on Twinkl TV.
34. English National Ballet with live ballet lessons.
35. Minecraft: The Education Edition is popular with children already – these resources all have an educational purpose.
36. Schoolastic Book Club has free activities and games, mostly aimed at primary pupils.
37. Ideas for EYFS pupils or siblings from ABCdoes.
38. Look at nature all around the world with Explore.
39. Audible Stories has made all of its classic children’s stories free.
40. YouTube has Learn@Home, a website with learning resources and content for families – from popular learning channels such as Khan Academy, Sesame Street and code.org – for help with maths, science, history and arts. You can also visit the YouTube Learning destination for more videos and helpful resources.
41. BBC iPlayer has many educational and arts and culture videos available for free.
42. Carol Vorderman videos and worksheets for maths lessons.
43. Cartoon lessons on YouTube with Pete McKee.