Year 1 Learning
Week 2 Learning...
Hello Year 1, we hope you had a good week at home and enjoyed some of the tasks we set last week. Here are some more activities for you to do this week.
Week beginning: 30th March - This weeks learning includes:
QUESTION OF THE DAY - How do Christians celebrate Easter? Why is the Easter story important to them?
See the Easter story below to help you!
- English - Practise reading/writing tricky words there, what, when, out, called, looked, asked. Can you write these words from memory? - try making up your own sentences with one or more of these words.
- Share the book 'Percy the Park keeper- After the storm' and talk about the characters, the setting and the plot.
Do you know how to retrieve information from a book? We use the character Rex Retriever in school to help us find key information in a text. A power point on Rex Retriever is attached for further information. Please see power point ‘After the storm comprehension’ on home learning page to answer some quick fire questions about the book.
- Science -
Can you sort animals into carnivores, herbivores and omnivores - what does this mean? Please see attached resources (videos, power points) on home learning page to help you find out more.
- Maths -
Can you work out simple division problems by sharing amounts equally- e.g. 10 shared into 2 groups, what is 12 divided into 4 groups? When we divide in Year One we share sets into halves and quarters, meaning we share an amount into equal groups of 2 or 4. Please use the division lesson power point which poses questions that you can solve practically on screen.
- R.E- you may also want to share the Easter Story with your family in preparation for your holidays! What is the meaning of the story for Christians? Why is the story so important to them and their religion? How might they celebrate?
- Please see learning document below for this week for more learning ideas.
Week 2 Week 30.03.20 -
Below are the documents, quizzes and games mentioned above for you to complete with a parent or sibling! Enjoy!
Division activity-Division challenge!.pdf
Division lesson- Division lesson Year One.pdf
Science activity-SCIENCE cut and stick.pdf
Percy the Park Keeper Story-Percy-the-Park-Keeper-After-the-Storm.pdf
Percy the Park Keeper Comprehension game-After-the-Stormcomprehension-press-the-buzzer-questions.pdf
How to retrieve answers from a text with Rex Retriever-Improving your reading skills with Rex Retriever.pdf
Christian Easter story-t-t-5074-the-easter-story-powerpoint-_ver_15.pdf
Art Easter basket-Easter basket ART.pdf
Easter themed mindfulness colouring-t-t-26544-easter-egg-mindfulness-colouring-pages-_ver_2.pdf
Week 1 learning...
Last week's learning - Week beginning: 23rd March - Last Week's learning included:
QUESTION OF THE DAY - What habitats can Owls live in? Why are these suited to them?
- English - Practise reading/writing tricky words have, said, like, what, people, called, asked, once. Can you write these words from memory? - try making up your own sentences with one or more of these words.
- Share the book 'Owl Babies' and talk about the characters, the setting and the plot. Do you know any facts about Owls? - Please see powerpoint on 'Owls' below to learn more.
- Science - Can you name any more nocturnal animals - what does this mean? Please see attached resources to help you find out more!
- Maths - Please practise counting in patterns 2's, 5's and 10's. Can you work out simple multiplication problems by counting in patterns - e.g. 2 lots of 5, what is 10 x 4? - See learning document for more problems to solve.
Please see learning document below for this week for more learning ideas.
Week 1 Week 23.03.30 - year-1---23rd-march (1).pdf
Owls Quiz - Owls Quiz.docx