30.03.2020 Here is a comprehensive list of resources and websites for help, activities and resources - Hope this helps....
Collections of resources
1. Tes resources – Everything from EYFS to key stage 5. All home learning packs have been made free on this link.
2. Twinkl – Get a month of free access using code CVDTWINKLHELPS
3. Twig and TigTag Education – Free resources for students aged 4-16.
4. Khan Academy – Free resources for children aged 2-18.
5. BBC Bitesize – Lots of free resources here with videos and quizzes, too.
6. Classroom Secrets – A range of free resources for primary school-aged children.
7. TTS – A choice of free workbooks for primary-aged children.
8. Robin Hood MAT – Learning projects for EYFS and primary school pupils.
9. Ark Mastery Programme – English and maths four-week booklets for students from Years R-9.
10. Emile – All resources made free during school closures.
11. Pobble 365 – One free resource every day of the year.
14. Purple Mash – Resources aimed at primary school-aged children have been made free now schools have closed.
15. Century Tech – English, maths and science resources for primary and secondary students.
16. Teacher’s Pet – Wide range of resources for primary pupils.
17. Phonics Play – All the resources on Phonics Play have been made free for the duration of the school closures.
18. Duolingo – A free app for your phone for students to work on their language skills, or try a new language.
19. Memrise – Learn language through games and video clips on this online app.
20. Rosetta Stone – For the school closure period, Rosetta Stone has given free access to its language learning resources.
Museums, art galleries, theatres and places of interest
21. The British Museum has made its online collections free to the public.
22. The Natural History Museum has free virtual tours.
23. The Tate Gallery has a 360-degree virtual tour online.
24. View the latest exhibitions at The National Gallery virtual tours.
25. Watch The Wind in the Willows stage production online.
26. The Vatican has opened up its digital tours so the Sistine Chapel can be viewed.
27. NASA Kids is perfect for space fans. Learn all about the universe we live in by viewing these online videos.
Podcasts and radio
28. Pie Corbett Maths for daily maths lessons at 9.30 am.
29. BBC Teach podcasts for ages 3 and up.
30. Joe Wicks – aka The Body Coach – is running PE Lessons for all ages.
31. Mr Bruff's daily English lessons for GCSE students.
32. Coding for kids daily lessons.
33. Daily lessons including phonics on Twinkl TV.
34. English National Ballet with live ballet lessons.
35. Minecraft: The Education Edition is popular with children already – these resources all have an educational purpose.
36. Schoolastic Book Club has free activities and games, mostly aimed at primary pupils.
37. Ideas for EYFS pupils or siblings from ABCdoes.
38. Look at nature all around the world with Explore.
39. Audible Stories has made all of its classic children’s stories free.
40. YouTube has Learn@Home, a website with learning resources and content for families – from popular learning channels such as Khan Academy, Sesame Street and code.org – for help with maths, science, history and arts. You can also visit the YouTube Learning destination for more videos and helpful resources.
41. BBC iPlayer has many educational and arts and culture videos available for free.
42. Carol Vorderman videos and worksheets for maths lessons.
43. Cartoon lessons on YouTube with Pete McKee.
Sandwell Council have forwarding a helpful parent newsletter - Good to Know Newsletter 27 March 2020 (1).pdf
Update 27.03.2020 - .
Update 25.03.2020 - Think u know have sent over some updated guidance on Safety at Home and along with this there are some activity sheets. Take a look at the website for lots of helpful tips for home.
Activity Sheets - thinkuknow-4-5s-home-activity-sheet-1.pdf
Also remember for update and information on Digital World, Games, Apps, Safety, Education and Health and Well Being; you can use the Parent Info website - https://parentinfo.org/
UPDATE - 24.03.2020...Carol Vorderman is offering FREE access to her Maths School - It is a platform offering maths activities for 4 - 11year olds. They are actively uploading more server space so please bear with them #homeschooling#themathsfactor - https://www.themathsfactor.com/
Onliine Learning Platform
Here you will find a list of websites and resources that you as parents can use over the school closure time.
A copy of your school log ins can be found under; Parents, Online Learning.
Also under your year group page you will find work specific for your children under their year group page.
PE with Joe - Joe produces free fitness online and will now be holding LIVE PE lessons at 9am, Monday to Friday on his YouTube Channel for children of all ages.
Audible - An Amazon Company - Stories Help; They entertain; They teach; They keep young minds active, alert and engaged - Find this at - https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
Monster Phonics - To help and support home learning linked to Phonics.
Yoga - free until July 1st for students to participate in Yoga classes.
Twinkl and BBC Teach - Twinkl have teamed up with BBC Education to create videos and resources for 5 to 11 year olds covering curriculum areas for children to access.
Twinkl - Twimkl is offering parent access to all Twinkl resources free of charge. Therefore children can still have the addition of high quality learning and resources during this time.
Unique classrooms has just announced that World Book Online have made their fabulous collection of over 3,000 ebooks and audiobooks available for free for children to access at home. They have books suitable for all ages - https://worldbook.kitaboo.com/reader/worldbook/#!/
An enjoyable activity called 'Beat the Wall' which guides you on a list of activities that you can do at home as well as a copy of a weekly timetable so that this can be set with you and your child:
A link document list of helpful online resources for parents: Free online resources for parents.pdf
Parent Support and Family Information Service have rounded up some of the educational and fun resources they could find for all ages and topics for families staying at home. They have put this information on their social media page on Facebook; please like and then share this for your friends near and far: https://www.facebook.com/SandwellFIS
HOME-SCHOOL PACKAGE (available to everyone)
* K7Maths is providing a free Home-school Package for EYF-Year 7 parents/teachers.
* The Package contains 3 Teaching Plans - one each for Early, Middle & Later Childhood.
* The Package covers most Learning Areas and related subjects.
* The Package provides guidance, daily timetables and many resources via links.
* To review the Package for your parents, go to: https://www.k7maths.com/help/2107